High Tea means different things to different people. The origins of Afternoon Tea show clearly this was the preserve of the rich in the 19th century. For workers in the newly industrialised Britain of the time, 'tea' had to wait until after work and be substantially more than just tea and cakes. Workers needed sustenance after a day of hard labour, so the after work meal was often hot and filling and accompanied by a pot of good, strong tea to revive flagging spirits.
The addition of high is believed to differentiate between Afternoon Tea served on low, comfortable parlour chairs or relaxing in the garden, and the worker's High Tea served at the table and seated on high back dining chairs.
Monday to Sunday from 10am - 4pm
Outside of these times, please contact us to discuss availability
- minimum booking of two for high teas
- must be booked by 3pm the day prior.
- changes to any bookings must be confirmed before 9am on the day of high tea - this includes number of people attending and dietery requirements
- all of our high teas are made specially on the day, if a booking shows up with less than the amount of people you booked for without contacting us you will be charged for what you have oringinally booked for
- sorry, we are unable to provide dairy free or vegan options for our tea menus.
scones, clotted cream & berry jam - includes a barista coffee or pot of tea - 10.5
scone with clotted cream & berry jam, sandwich finger, sweet treat & smoked salmon blini with aioli - 18.5
$28.5 per head - (minimum 2 people)
a selection of finger sandwiches (2 each)
blini with smoked salmon & aioli
yorkshire pudding with roast beef
scone with clotted cream & berry jam
chocolate mousse ball
lemon meringue tart
Served with a pot of tea or Barista made Supreme Coffee
Why not include a bottle of bubbles for two to share - please ask our wait staff about our selection
for any high tea bookings or if you require a cake for your special occasion please call us on 03 3585565, please be aware you are unable to bring in your own cakes. Check out our delicious cake menu on this website
Terra Viva will donate $1 to the Canterbury Charity Hospital for every Tea ordered